A short training course provided to HOPE members by Cycling UK.
Trailside / Roadside Repair is designed to help the cyclist either carry on with their ride, or get home if something goes wrong with their bike. This course will cover all the usual problems that the average cyclist comes across when riding.
By the end of the course participants will be able to carry out a range of the following repairs;
- Flat tyre,
- Replacing a tube vs puncture repair.
- Brake problems,
- Balancing and adjusting your brakes.
- Crunching gears,
- Indexing gears for smooth effective operation.
- Broken chain,
- Broken mech hanger,
- Fix the chain or shorten it to make it a single speed,
- Buckled wheels,
- Straighten the wheel to get to a pick up point.
- Frame problems,
- What you can and can’t do.
You are not required to bring a bike or any tools with you to this course, all equipment is provided.
Please contact Majella.Kerr@hopeforautism.org.uk with any questions.