Befriending Project Applications
We are delighted that HOPE has been able to allocate a fund to embark on a befriending project. There will be several elements to this project, and one of them is to provide 1-1 or 2-1 support sessions for individual families.Each support session will last 3 hours on the chosen day, and will run for 6 weeks. Ideally, this would begin during the month of November.
Please read the criteria below regarding eligibility and click here to download an application form to express interest in joining the project.
If you would like to discuss this project further, or if you require further information, please feel free to contact HOPE Project Manager Janice McKay. Janice is in office Monday, Tuesday and Thursday, and can be contacted either via Janice.email@example.com or by calling the HOPE office on 01236 779191.
CRITERIA AND CONDITIONS
- All families will be invited to apply.
- Families who are deemed to be the most isolated will be given priority. We are mindful that isolation comes in many forms. Social, emotional and physical.
- HOPE will pay salaries of participating staff.
- Parents will be responsible for the cost of the activity.
- Participating parents must agree to have a conversation with a member of HOPE management team prior to support sessions being arranged.
- Parents and children/young adults will be required to evaluate the support sessions at the end of the block.
- Depending on the need and suitability, 2 children or young adults may be paired up with one befriender.
- We will do our best to accommodate families as far as possible, but staff availability will dictate days and times that support sessions will be available.